Housing a quarter of the bones in our entire bodies – in addition to various muscles, ligaments and joints, our feet can have a huge impact on our overall health and well-being. Podiatrists are instrumental in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of lower limbs including the foot and ankle.
As an expert in foot care, a podiatrist’s scope of practice can includes areas such as paediatrics, diabetes, sports injuries, structural problems, treatment of the elderly as well as general foot care.
You can see a podiatrist for a wide range of issues related to both lower limb and overall issues including but not limited to:
- Balance issues
- Circulatory disease
- Bone & joint disorders
- Chronic & reoccurring pain
- Plantar warts
- Fungal or ingrown toenails
- Corns and calluses
- Diabetes and peripheral vascular disease, or neuropathy
- Soft tissue and muscular issues
- Clinical diagnosis of falls
- Clinical diagnosis or history of foot or lower limb deformity
Your Podiatrist will employ a range of skills to make the assessment and provide your care plan or therapy.
Medicare and Private Health Rebates available under Podiatry